Looking back at my first blog, I don't really regret taking a class like this because it’s not what I thought it was going to be. This whole blog thing is one of the most interesting things I liked about this class but I was hoping we were able to blog about anything we wanted. Looking at my first grade in my literacy writing, it was something I didn't expect due to the fact I spent time on that and even attending the writing center. As a writer, I did learn a lot in this class but it was sort of similar to my remedial class, only because we went through comma splices and all that. The one big difference was speaking broadly about the reading we had assigned. I really enjoyed that. It brought out my critical thinking skills.
If there were a specific aspect of the class that has been helpful, it would be the examples of specific stuff that can make your paper better that Ms. Spencer had on the projector. It really helped me see very small mistakes I tend to make and helps out with papers later on.
There isn't anything I would change about the class but having a blog that you can freely blog about anything would have been a helpful thing in a learning process. There are so many things we can learn from our peers by viewing each other’s blog.
It hasn't really changed dramatically but seeing that I can fix my paper to sound better has changed. Yet again, we had only had one paper and it’s not really reliable to judge if I changed my writing process. It’s still the same old process
Since the semester started, we had only one paper due so I can’t really determine based on one paper but I do feel like I am growing as a writer
You are welcome to post additional blog posts if you would like. I will take your suggestion into account though and try to give assignments that offer more leeway.
ReplyDelete